Here are some commonly asked questions and the answers to them. If you don’t find your question here, please send us your question through the Contact page and we’ll be sure to get back to you soon. Thank you.
About the Company
About the Box
- Is The Witches Box Subscription vegan?
- Is there a difference between the Free downloadable Book of Shadow pages and the Book of Shadow pages that are sent out in the subscription box?
- What if I don’t like something in the box or the box theme doesn’t work for me?
- Where do you ship?
- When will my box be shipped?
- How fast will my package ship?
- How do I change my address on my subscription?
- I received a shipment notification and my address is wrong. What can I do?
- What service do you use to ship your packages? Can you ship with another service?
- Is there some sort of insurance should anything arrive broken or damaged?
- Is the box discreet, or will the word “Witches” show up on it?
Account & Order Statuses
- What do the different order statuses mean?
- How can I suspend or cancel my subscription?
- Can I get a refund?
- Will the words “The Witches Box” show up on my bank statement?
Is the Witches Box Subscription vegan?
No. I’d say about 80% of our boxes are vegan, but not necessarily by design. In the past we have had leather journals, feathers, beeswax, quills and bones in our boxes.
Will you do a spell for me? Can you provide advice/recommendations/be my mentor?
We do not do spells for others, but will continue providing information for you to continue growing your own abilities. We do this through the Witches Box subscription, the Witches Book subscription, blog posts on the site as well as our Witch Booktube review.
While we are always honored to have our community members message us for advice, recommendations, or guidance in their path, we are unable to accommodate the large volume of these requests. We do have an active forum for both book and box subscribers, though, and we encourage you to take advantage of both these opportunities, as well as our live Deep Dive and Book Coven Gatherings at the end of the month to ask questions as they’re coming up in your work with the box or the books.
Is there a difference between the Free downloadable Book of Shadow pages and the Book of Shadow pages that are sent out in the subscription box?
Yes! The free downloadable pages that members of the newsletter receive are a combination of blank page templates that you can print and fill out with your own information as well as basic foundational Witchcraft content. (Such as correspondences, the symbolism of sabbath etc) The printed pages that are sent out in the subscription box will be specific to the tools and theme of each box and focused on spells, rituals, and recipes for magic.
Where do you ship?
Everywhere on the planet. Just input your address at check out and if any shipping charges apply, it will show up in your subtotal column.
When will my box be shipped?
Boxes will be shipped during the first week of each month; book subscriptions ship on the last week of the month prior to when we’ll be reading them. For example, if you are subscribed to The Witches Box for the month of October, your box will ship in the first week of October. If you are subscribed to The Witches Book Subscription for the month of October, your books will ship in the last week of September.
How fast will my package ship?
For Domestic (United States) Customers
Most of our packages ship Priority Mail to customers in the United States; this means they usually take between 2-5 days to arrive to domestic subscribers (and generally longer to our subscribers in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and to service members serving on bases abroad – up to two to three weeks). The exception to this is our book subscription, which ships Media Mail; these usually take between 5-10 days to arrive to US customers, with additional time for packages going to the above destinations.
For International Customers
We ship USPS to our international customers, and we find that shipping generally takes around 2-4 weeks, depending on your location. Shipping times for our international customers have been greatly impacted by the pandemic, so packages may need up to 6-8 weeks to arrive.
How do I change my address on my subscription?
Important: You must change your address prior to the 15th of the month to guarantee your subscription will be shipped to the correct address. If you change your address in our system afterwards, you must email us or submit a contact form to update your shipping address for the upcoming month’s shipment.
To change the shipping address on your subscription, simply log into your account on our website by clicking “My Account” at the top of the page. This will bring you to a login page, where you can log in with the username and password you signed up with. Once logged in, you’ll be on the “Shop” page for your account that will list your recent orders. Click on the link to “Subscriptions” and then click “View” to look at any of your subscriptions. From this page, you will be able to update your shipping address, view your subscription information, and make any other changes you need to your account.
I received a shipment notification and my address is wrong. What can I do?
Once you receive a shipment notification, it is too late for us to update or change your address on your shipment. If you have mail forwarding in place through your post office, you should receive your package regardless. If not, you will need to wait until your package is returned to our offices in Idyllwild, California, at which point we will happily re-send to your correct address. In the meantime, please ensure you always have an up-to-date shipping address for any active subscription, as well as your general account information.
What service do you use to ship your packages? Can you ship with another service?
Currently, we only offer shipping through USPS; we are not able to ship via other services. If you are having difficulty receiving packages through USPS (or through whichever mail service receives from USPS in your country), we suggest using a friend or family member’s address, or shipping to your place of work. All shipments come in discreetly wrapped boxes/envelopes and the return address lists only “TWB.”
Is there some sort of insurance should anything arrive broken or damaged?
There is insurance for each box. If your box is lost in transit, please issue a report at your post office using your tracking number. The number is sent to you via email each month before boxes are sent out.
If something arrives damaged, please take a picture and send it to us via the contact page so we can best assist you. In some instances a replacement can be sent, but this is NOT guaranteed, as inventory amounts fluctuate from month to month.
Is the box discreet or does it say the word Witches on it?
The return address will come from TWB, and the branding on the box will simply have the emblem of the moths on it. The outer packaging is plain and unbranded.
Will the words “The Witches Box” show up on my bank statement?
The name on your bank statement will be some variation of the words TWB Elevated Media LLC. The reason why this may vary is because different banks and credit cards allow for a specific amount of characters.
Can I get a refund?
We do not give refunds. Being that this is a subscription service, you have the ability to cancel your subscription at any time. Our system works such that once you pay for a month, you get that box. Cancellations made after the 15th of any given months means you’ll still get one more box sent to you on the 1st of the following month, but we will not bill you again.
What is in the box?
Please go here for a listing of what you’ll find in each months box.
What if I don’t like something in the box or the box theme doesn’t work for me?
As with anything, there is always the possibility of receiving an item or a box theme that might not work for you. Part of the beauty of a subscription box is that you get several different items to sample in order to give you a better working awareness of what works for you and what doesn’t. In the event that something doesn’t suit your needs or you simply don’t like it, please email us and let us know. This feedback will help us in future curations.
We also love the idea of some of our items being used as gifts to your friends. There is something super special about receiving sacred and unexpected gifts from those close to us!
For information on our Terms Of Service, click HERE.
What do the different order statuses mean?
In our system, there are two different kinds of statuses: first, there are order statuses, that show where your order is at in the process; second, there are subscription statuses, that show the status of your subscription overall. The first, order status, can be any of the following:
- Processing: This means your payment has successfully gone through, but staff have not yet completed your order. “Processing” is essential “in progress.”
- Completed: This means your order has been processed by a member of our staff. If you bought a subscription, this means your subscription has been processed into the regular schedule and you will receive your box or books (or digital access) according to the date that you subscribed. If you bought a single item from our shop (like the Lunar Calendar, Spirit Board, or one of our past boxes or books), this means that your order has
- Failed: This means your payment did not go through successfully. You can update your payment information and make a new order, or you can email us if you are having difficulty with your payment going through.
The second category, subscription status, will tell you about your overall subscription. Subscriptions can have any of the following statuses:
- Active: This means your subscription is currently active or “on” and you will continue receiving books/boxes/digital content for the coming month, and you will be recharged on the 15th for the following month’s content.
- On Hold: This means that you have suspended your subscription, and you will not receive further boxes or digital content until/unless you resubscribe. This can also show up if your monthly renewal recharge payment failed, in which case your subscription is automatically placed on hold. Subscriptions listed as “on hold” are locked in at the rate that you had when you suspended your subscription, so if we ever change prices while your account is suspended, you’ll be able to reactivate at the same original price.
- Pending Cancellation: This means you have cancelled your subscription prior to the upcoming recharge date; you will not be recharged, and once the recharge date passes without the recharge, your subscription will automatically be moved into Cancelled status.
- Cancelled: This means that your subscription has ended. You can restart your subscription at any time, but you will not be locked in at the original rate.
How can I suspend or cancel my subscription?
In order to suspend or cancel any subscription, just click on “My Account” at the top of the page and then log in with your username and password; if you cannot remember your username or password, you have the option to have them sent to you/to reset your password.
Once you are logged in, you will see a menu bar on the center column of your screen; click “Subscriptions” and you will open a page listing all of your subscriptions. From there, you can suspend, cancel, or re-activate any subscription on your account. Please remember that you must suspend/cancel prior to the 15th of the month to avoid being charged for the upcoming month’s box.