NEW MOON IN CANCER 2021
- New Moon: 18° Cancer 02′
- Date: July 9th, 2021
- Time: 9:16 pm ET / 6:16 pm PST
- Element: Water
- Modality: Cardinal
- Ruler: The Moon
ABOUT NEW MOONS
The New Moon marks the beginning of an emotional cycle that will reach its climax in six months with the Full Moon of the same zodiac sign. Every month it happens in the same sign and degree as the Sun. Thus, it occurs when both luminaries are in perfect conjunction, resulting in a completely overshadowed Moon. Symbolically, this merges our external identity/conscience (Sun), with our inner world and emotional nature (Moon).
This is when the waning moon has reached completion and it’s in its darkest phase, making us go inward. Therefore, it’s still a moment of stillness, recharging and retreating. However, as the dawn always comes after the darkness it also announces a new beginning that we’re not able to see just yet. Thus, it makes it perfect to set intentions that you want to manifest in six months with the Full Moon of the same sign.
NEW MOON IN CANCER
The New Moon will occur at 18 degrees Cancer, a water & cardinal sign ruled by the Moon. This lunar event will be initiating a fresh cycle of six months that will be auspicious for an area of our lives. The luminaries will be in a sweet sextile with Uranus in Taurus, bringing positive changes and unblocking creative and emotional pathways; and they will be in an inspiring trine with mystical Neptune in Pisces, helping us find our muse. Hence, the blend of the earth and water elements creates a highly fertile soil for us to bring our seed ideas to form and to materialize our vision and intentions with the Full Moon in Cancer of January 17th, 2021.
However, there’s another element that’s active during this lunar event: fire. The Cosmic Lovers, Mars and Venus, will be in exact conjunction in the sign of Leo, adding rapidness and momentum to our intentions, impulsing us to follow our heart’s desires, our drive, and our wild instincts. This will follow the removal of blockages that this New Moon comes with.
EMOTIONS RUSH TO THE SURFACE: THE LUNAR ENERGY AND HOW THE NEW MOON AFFECTS OUR RELATIONSHIPS
The first New Moon of the Summer Solstice represents a time to initiate action by following our emotions and our gut instinct. Emotions will be rushing to the surface, so we may be extra sensitive and some relationships may be experiencing breakthroughs, especially with the clash of egos occurring as reflected by the Mars and Venus conjunction. Therefore, this lunar event’s energy might be sentimentally challenging, but it’s an opportunity to connect on a much profound and intimate level with the significant other by expressing our vulnerable side. It will also be providing relief and healing as we release all that we’ve been bottling up.
A NEW START WITHOUT MERCURY RETROGRADE: GREEN LIGHT TO TAKE ACTION AND INITIATE NEW ENDEAVOURS.
This new start comes after a nebulous eclipse season and Mercury Retrograde that felt like a dark haze in our psyche, but just two days before this lunar event, Mercury finally left its retrograde zone. Thus, representing that all that clouded our judgment and dimmed our certainty is beginning to dissipate.
The New Moon’s alignment with Uranus in sensory and earthy Taurus grounds us and connects us with our physical and emotional body. Hence, the time we’ve been waiting for to take conscious and wise action has arrived. In the midst of the volatile and erratic cosmic sky with Venus & Mars in Leo in a square with Uranus, with this lunar event, we have a window of opportunity to connect with our inner wisdom and become clear of our needs and our true desires.
NEW MOON TRINE NEPTUNE IN PISCES: FINDING OUR MUSE
The harmonious alignment between the Moon and Neptune will be filling us with inspiration, giving us ideas and a new vision that we will be working on manifesting with this new cycle. Thus, this makes this lunar event perfect for creating vision boards and/or for using this energy to initiate creative projects, writing or making art. This dreamy energy will also put us in a reflective and musing emotional state, so during this New Moon time, we may feel like daydreaming, envisioning the future or escaping from the outside world, especially with the Cancer energy that may pull us to stay home with our loved ones.
NEW MOON SEXTILE URANUS IN TAURUS: THE FLOW OF THE RIVER
The luminaries will be in a sextile with Uranus in Taurus, highlighting that this new lunar cycle will come with positive shifts in an area of our lives, bringing us out of a state of stagnation. Thus, we may feel called to make changes, initiate action and go towards what our gut pulls us to follow. Also, the oppositions between Mars and Venus to Saturn have been representing blockages, as if asserting our will (Mars) and going towards our desires (Venus) has been meeting restrictions. Thus, this sextile with the New Moon represents the removal of these blockages and since it has to do with Cancer, it indicates that it’s our emotions and our creativity that will flow like the river.
HOW TO MAXIMIZE THIS LUNAR ENERGY
This New Moon comes with the fertile energy we need to plant new seeds for the future and to start bringing our creative ideas to fruition, especially after Mercury is out of its shadow period. Therefore, making it an excellent time to initiate new projects and kickstart all that was put on pause during the planet of the mind and communication’s retrograde transit.
In addition, the energy of Cancer also invites us to turn within and return to what makes us feel at home and to connect with our loved ones. Hence, this is a time to reflect on how we can bring more work/home life balance and nurture our close relationships by giving them the time and attention they need to continue blooming, for when they’re forgotten, they start to wilt.
LOOK FOR YOUR RISING SIGN BELOW
Where the New Moon will be transiting in your chart indicates the area of life that will be meeting this auspicious energy that will inspire you to make positive changes. This is based on your rising sign and a whole sign system. Look for your rising sign below
- Cancer: In the first house. The area of self, appearance, personality; ruling over your personal goals, your physical body and how other people see you.
- Leo: In the twelfth house. The area of the unconscious mind, mental health, spirituality, isolation, confinement, endings and everything you do behind the scenes.
- Virgo: In the eleventh house. The area of friends, groups, community, social networks, connections, social recognition, goals and aspirations.
- Libra: In the tenth house. The area of career, public image and social status.
- Scorpio: In the ninth house. The area of expansion, long term travel, higher knowledge, college education, philosophical and religious beliefs.
- Sagittarius: In the eighth house. The area of transformation, the occult, shared resources, other people’s money, tax, credit, investments; sex and the intimacy you share with a partner.
- Capricorn: In the seventh. The area of relationships, business partnerships, collaborations, laws and contracts.
- Aquarius: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of health and wellness, service work and work environment, daily tasks, routines and productivity.
- Pisces: In the fifth house. The area of fun, romance and dating, creativity, projects, children and fertility.
- Aries: In the fourth house. The area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Taurus: In the third house. The area of the mind and communication, ideas, education, hobbies and interests, siblings and neighbors and immediate environment.
- Gemini: In the second house. The area of personal resources, money, possessions, value system, self worth and self esteem.