Intention for an Elemental Embodiment Meditation: To familiarize yourself with the sensations in your physical body of the influences of each Element. Differentiating between each brings you into more intimate relationship with each Element and fine tunes your ability to work with the specific energies in your other magickal work.
Elemental Embodiment Meditation
- Set up a quiet space at your altar to sit with a straight posture, or what feels best for your body.
- Begin with some deep slow cleansing breathes. Do this for as long as you need to feel all, present and in your body.
- For each element go through each of the following steps while continuing the deep breathing:
a. Imagine in great detail all the ways this element manifests in the outside world. Linger here returning to the details again and again.
b. Then begin to identify the elements and how it manifests in your body. Linger in as many details as you can.
c. Now begin to explore how this element feels – the actual sensations, feel them – outside/on your body and inside your body. Explore this deeply, returning to the sensation.
- Then move on to the other elements and repeat until all four are done.
- Note: The more visceral you go with the sensations of the element as oppose to the IDEA of the element the deeper you will go with understanding the element itself. The wisdom is ALWAYS in the body.
The following are just some of the correspondent energetics for each Element. Over time, more will come to you and this is indicative of a deeper relationship developing as well as a more refined intuitive sense within yourself. Add those morsels of wisdom to your Book Of Shadows as they come.
psychically aware of other