- New Moon: 23° Capricorn 13′
- Date: January 13th, 2021
- Time: 12:00 am ET / 9:00 pm PST
- Element: Earth
- Modality: Cardinal
- Planetary Ruler: Saturn
ABOUT NEW MOONS
The New/Dark Moon marks the beginning of an emotional cycle that will reach its climax in six months with the Full Moon of the same zodiac sign. Every month it happens in the same sign and degree as the Sun. Thus, it occurs when both luminaries are in a perfect conjunction that results with the Moon being completely overshadowed. Symbolically, this merges our identity/conscience (Sun), with our subconscious mind and emotional nature (Moon).
This is when the waning moon has reached completion and it’s in its darkest phase, making us go inward. Therefore, it’s still a moment of stillness, recharging and for retreating. However, as the dawn always comes after the darkness it also announces a new beginning that we’re not able to see just yet. Thus, it makes it perfect to set intentions that you want to manifest in six months with the Full Moon of the same sign.
NEW MOON IN CAPRICORN
The New Moon will occur at 23 degrees Capricorn, an Earth and Cardinal sign ruled by Saturn. The two luminaries will be right conjunct Pluto, the planet of death and rebirth, crisis and transformation. When the Moon is under the solar rays, it becomes completely obscured from our perspective, symbolizing its death phase, but also its rebirth as it will begin a new lunar cycle in which it will grow in the light it reflects from the Sun. Therefore, this new cycle happening under the influence of Pluto, double intensifies its transformative energy, promising a new dawn after a dark night. Hence, this New Moon brings an initiation, alchemizing us into a new state as we rise from the ashes and from all the structures that crumbled in the last couple of years in an area of our lives.
NEW MOON IN CAPRICORN CONJUNCT PLUTO AFTER THE INFLUENCE OF THE SOUTH NODE, SATURN AND JUPITER
This is in light of the South Node eclipses happening in the sign of Capricorn while Saturn, Pluto and Jupiter were also in this sign until 2020. Eclipses that happen beside the South Node are ultimately about endings as this is the point of dissolution that shatters the material form and drains it into the void. As indicated above, Pluto is the planet of death and rebirth, fear and power, in Capricorn, it’s like a wrecking ball that brings the collapse of the old structures. Saturn is the planet of structure and authority, so everything it ruled was teared by Pluto and drained by the South Node. Jupiter is the planet of expansion, so it increased and intensified the matters above. This all happened in an area of our lives, but Saturn, Jupiter and this lunar node are no longer in this sign.
Therefore, all that remains there now is the transformative power of Pluto in order to rebuild all that crumbled with an in-destructible foundation; to transmute our lead into gold and fear into power and strength. After all this pressure in the darkness, all we have are diamonds and this is what this New Moon will be birthing to light.
WHAT THIS LUNAR EVENT MEANS FOR YOU
For instance, this six month cycle now finally offers us an opportunity to begin restoring all that fell with a stronger foundation in our Capricorn house or to construct something from scratch. Moreover, to begin materializing a vision or an idea as you climb towards your goals and success with discipline and a strategic plan. Now Saturn, the ruler of this New Moon, is in Aquarius next to Jupiter and squaring Uranus. Thus, inviting us to step out of the comfort zone and to rebel from our own limitations in order to reinvent ourselves and begin taking innovative action.
This is what will be bringing structural (Saturn) growth (Jupiter) in our lives. Thus, set your intentions around what you will be committing to transform and restore and what you want to achieve in the next six months. You may meet the results with the Full Moon in Capricorn of June 24th.
WHERE THE NEW MOON WILL BE TRANSITING IN YOUR CHART
Where the New Moon will be transiting in your natal chart indicates the area of life where a new transformative cycle begins. Further, also where you will be rising from the ashes, restoring and creating new structures after all of the crumbling that may have occurred in that area in the last couple of years.
This is based on your rising sign and whole sign system. If you would like to work with this New Moon, you can support me on Patreon to receive the New Moon E-book that comes with an Astral Guide to explore more on what this lunar event means for you based on your natal chart and your aspected planets, a guide to set intentions and a workbook for inner work.
LOOK FOR YOUR RISING SIGN BELOW
- Capricorn: In the first house. Hence, the area of self, appearance, personality; ruling over your personal goals, your physical body and how other people see you.
- Aquarius: In the twelfth house. Hence, the area of the unconscious mind, mental health, spirituality, isolation, confinement, endings and losses and everything you do behind the scenes.
- Pisces: In the eleventh house. Hence, the area of friends, groups, community, social networks, connections, social recognition, goals and aspirations.
- Aries: In the tenth house. Hence, the area of career, public image and social status.
- Taurus: In the ninth house. Hence, the area of expansion, long term travel, higher knowledge, college education, philosophical and religious beliefs.
- Gemini: In the eighth house. Hence, the area of transformation, the occult, shared resources, other people’s money, tax, credit, investments; sex and the intimacy you share with a partner.
- Cancer: In the seventh. Hence, the area of relationships, business partnerships, collaborations, laws and contracts.
- Leo: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of health and wellness, service work and work environment, daily tasks, routines and productivity.
- Virgo: In the fifth house. Hence, the area of fun, romance and dating, creativity, projects, children and fertility.
- Libra: In the fourth house. Hence, the area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Scorpio: In the third house. Hence, the area of the mind and communication, ideas, education, hobbies and interests, siblings and neighbors and immediate environment.
- Sagittarius: In the second house. Hence, the area of personal resources, money, possessions, value system, self worth and self esteem.