- New Moon: 23° Aquarius 16′
- Date: February 11th, 2021
- Time: 2:06 pm ET / 11:06 am PST
- Element: Air
- Modality: Fixed
- Co Rulers: Saturn & Uranus
ABOUT NEW MOONS
The New/Dark Moon marks the beginning of an emotional cycle that will reach its climax in six months with the Full Moon of the same zodiac sign. Every month it happens in the same sign and degree as the Sun. Thus, it occurs when both luminaries are in a perfect conjunction that results with the Moon being completely overshadowed. Symbolically, this merges our external identity/conscience (Sun), with our inner, subconscious world and emotional nature (Moon).
This is when the waning moon has reached completion and it’s in its darkest phase, making us go inward. Therefore, it’s still a moment of stillness, recharging and for retreating. However, as the dawn always comes after the darkness it also announces a new beginning that we’re not able to see just yet. Thus, it makes it perfect to set intentions that you want to manifest in six months with the Full Moon of the same sign.
NEW MOON IN AQUARIUS
The New Moon will occur at 23 degrees Aquarius, an air and fixed sign traditionally ruled by Saturn and modernly by Uranus. Its co-rulers will be in an applying square that will be exact on February 17th, indicating that one of the main themes of this lunar event is the beginning of a radical change in an area of our lives in which we will be called to reinvent ourselves by coming out of our zone of comfort or rebelling against “the status quo”.
This will not be immediate, but the beginning of a journey, as it’s part of this new emotional cycle that will reach its climax in six months, meaning that it’s then when we may see full results. Interestingly, during this lunar event there would be a stellium in Aquarius composed of six celestial bodies and these are the Sun, Moon, Mercury Retrograde, Venus, Jupiter and Saturn, meaning that what they govern will be a part of this radical new start that will be what will mark our 2021.
STELLIUM IN AQUARIUS
However, Asteroid Pallas will be merging with the luminaries, who is the goddess of wisdom, adding a quality of brilliance to this New Moon, highlighting that we may receive downloads coming in the form of innovative and genius ideas.
Moreover, Venus and Jupiter will perfect their conjunction on the day of this lunar event, indicating that a manifesting cycle of growth, prosperity, love and abundance will begin on top of the lunar cycle that will be bringing radical changes to our current state. Thus, this makes this lunation extra special as it gives to these shifts a positive meaning and outcome.
Lastly, as Mercury is going retrograde, but already did its inferior conjunction with the Sun before this New Moon (which begins a new mercurial cycle in which we are enlightened with new data and clarity), indicates that a new form or expression and a new perspective of reality will start to emerge. In addition, the fact that it went retrograde two weeks before this lunar event and after the Full moon in Leo, highlights that before we step into this new path, we needed to first make revisions and leave the past behind.
PLUTO’S UNDERLYING INFLUENCE
As Pluto is in Capricorn it’s behind the stellium in Aquarius, so its influence is underlying all of the aquarian shifts that have been occurring. Pluto is the planet of death and rebirth, of deep transformation after times of crisis, that’s where we come from because it’s where all of the planets in Aquarius were in 2020. Saturn and Jupiter were in Capricorn and conjuncted Pluto before they entered this sign. This means that this New Moon goes much deeper, bringing a complete restructure and a new beginning after this intense and plutonic period.
A NEW REALITY AND A NEW FORM OF CONSCIOUSNESS EMERGES
The Saturn and Jupiter conjunction of December 21st initiated a new aquarian era and a complete energetic shift. However, the fact that this happened during Capricorn season which is the “the 12 house” of Aquarius, means that what we experienced throughout January was actually preparing us for this New Moon, a preview of what this year will be for the collective and for each of us. Thus, what occurred had more of an effect in the collective unconscious so that a new form of consciousness emerges, that’s what will rise from this lunar event as the period of transition ends. This is also because Saturn and Uranus will be making their exact first square, which is the alignment that marks the whole vibe of 2021.
SATURN SQUARE URANUS: WHAT IT MEANS FOR THE COLLECTIVE
The Saturn and Uranus square will occur at the beginning, the middle and the end of this year, respectively on February 17th, June 14th and December 24th. As Uranus rules everything having to do with radical changes, revolution, technology and the internet and in Taurus it rules over money, this planetary alignment will indicate revolutionary changes in the current financial structure, in which the digitalized and decentralized will gain predominance. Since Saturn rules authority and it’s in the sign of Aquarius, the sign that also rules the internet, but also the masses, groups of people and social causes, it highlights that these changes will benefit the general population instead of those in power.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR US
This New Moon will be opening a new emotional cycle of six months that has a great manifesting potential and that will be bringing revolutionary changes in an area of our lives as we break free from the status quo, reinvent ourselves and step out of a place of comfort and stagnation. The Full in Leo of January 28th may have illuminated the true desires of the heart.
Thus, since Mercury stationed retrograde in Aquarius right after, it pointed to a time to take a step back and reevaluate our plans, desires and our goals so that we make sure that we’re headed towards the right direction on the new path that will open for us. Moreover, it also has a great potential for growth, progress and abundance because of the Venus and Jupiter conjunction in Aquarius.
This has all been activating our Aquarius house, which is the area of life that will experience the most renovations and changes this year, but it’s because of this Mercury Retrograde that a new expression of self will be born from this! Thus, this makes this lunar event ideal to set intentions in order to manifest our vision, our innovative ideas and create the reinventive changes that Saturn and Uranus are demanding.
WHERE THE NEW MOON WILL BE TRANSITING IN YOUR CHART
Where the New Moon will be transiting in your chart indicates the area of life where this new emotional cycle of six months will begin. You may meet the results of the intentions you set during the Full Moon in Aquarius of July 23rd. Look for your rising sign below, this is where it will be transiting.
If you would like to work with this New Moon, join my Patreon so that you download the New Moon E-book that comes with a guide to set intentions based on your rising sign; a workbook with journal prompts to become clear on what ideas will you be materializing; and an Astro Guide to learn how this lunar event will be influence you individually based on the planets it will activate in your chart!
LOOK FOR YOUR RISING SIGN BELOW
- Aquarius: In the first house. Hence, the area of self, appearance, personality; ruling over your personal goals, your physical body and how other people see you.
- Pisces: In the twelfth house. Hence, the area of the unconscious mind, mental health, spirituality, isolation, confinement, endings and losses and everything you do behind the scenes.
- Aries: In the eleventh house. Hence, the area of friends, groups, community, social networks, connections, social recognition, goals and aspirations.
- Taurus: In the tenth house. Hence, the area of career, public image and social status.
- Gemini: In the ninth house. Hence, the area of expansion, long term travel, higher knowledge, college education, philosophical and religious beliefs.
- Cancer: In the eighth house. Hence, the area of transformation, the occult, shared resources, other people’s money, tax, credit, investments; sex and the intimacy you share with a partner.
- Leo: In the seventh. Hence, the area of relationships, business partnerships, collaborations, laws and contracts.
- Virgo: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of health and wellness, service work and work environment, daily tasks, routines and productivity.
- Libra: In the fifth house. Hence, the area of fun, romance and dating, creativity, projects, children and fertility.
- Scorpio: In the fourth house. Hence, the area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Sagittarius: In the third house. Hence, the area of the mind and communication, ideas, education, hobbies and interests, siblings and neighbors and immediate environment.
- Capricorn: In the second house. Hence, the area of personal resources, money, possessions, value system, self worth and self esteem.