- New Moon: 3° Taurus 24´
- Date: April 22nd, 2020
- Time: 10:26 pm ET / 7:26 pm PST
- Element: Earth
- Modality: Fixed
- Ruler: Venus
- Themes: New emotional cycle of radical change and reinvention, evaluating relationships, priorities and finances.
ABOUT NEW MOONS
The New/Dark Moon marks the beginning of an emotional cycle that will reach its climax in six months with the Full Moon of the same zodiac sign. Every month it happens in the same sign and degree as the Sun. Thus, it occurs when both luminaries are in a perfect conjunction that results with the Moon being completely overshadowed. Symbolically, this merges our external identity/conscience (Sun), with our inner, subconscious world and emotional nature (Moon).
This is when the waning moon has reached completion and it’s in its darkest phase, making us go deep within. Therefore, it’s still a moment of stillness, recharging and for retreating. However, as it also represents the time to plant seeds, and the Moon approaches to display its first silver line, it’s perfect to set intentions that you want to manifest in sixth months with the Full Moon.
NEW MOON IN TAURUS
The New Moon will occur at 3 degrees of Taurus, a fixed and earth sign ruled by Venus. The two luminaries will be merging with eccentric Uranus and tensely aspecting Saturn in Aquarius. This lunar event will initiate a new emotional cycle of sixth months that will bring radical change into an area of our lives. However, its square with Saturn highlights that this call for a reinvention is coming from a state of feeling restricted or limited. Further, the conjunction with Uranus brings its unstable and electrifying energy to the conscious (Sun) and unconscious (Moon) mind. Hence, as the energies of this New Moon may feel chaotic, it’s recommended to focus on grounding your energy by bringing your awareness into your body and the present moment before setting intentions.
NEW MOON SQUARE SATURN
The Sun made an exact square to Saturn on April 20th, indicating that the themes of this New Moon were beginning to present themselves since that day and will continue for the rest of the week. The Moon making a square as well to this planet indicates that it’s a big part of the new emotional cycle that will initiate. When this planet is tensely aspected, it’s more probable to meet its dark side. This planet’s negative traits are restrictions, limitations, pessimism, confinements and pressure. For instance, this New Moon brings an energy that may feel like a pressure to create change and its restrictive and limiting qualities really describes the situation we’re currently living during this quarantine. However, with Uranus’s presence, change is coming regardless of how limited we may feel.
NEW MOON CONJUNCT URANUS
The New Moon’s conjunction to Uranus represents the tearing of those mental or external barriers that Saturn may be creating. This highlights that Uranus is actually our road opener, it will show us the way out of a restrictive situation and to look for other creative ways. Thus, with this lunar event comes a reinvention and a transformation. As this merging is happening in the sign of Taurus, the sign that rules our resources, stability and security, there comes a shift of the way we´re currently managing our finances. Further, this change may bring a level of fluctuation and instability. However, this will be for the purpose to create something that’s even more sustainable.
VENUS, RULER OF THIS NEW MOON
The planet that responds to this lunar event is the ruler of Taurus, Venus, which is currently in its shadow period in Gemini, as it will retrograde on May 13th. This makes this planet the highlight of Taurus Season, indicating that these drastic changes we will be meeting are Venusian, having to do precisely with relationships, finances, values, desires or of our self love/esteem. During the exact conjunction of the luminaries, Venus will be harmoniously aligning with Mars, highlighting that we may already feel with the desire to take action on making adjustments in order to reinvent ourselves in an area of our lives.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
During this lunar event, the energies are calling for a pause, for introspection and especially grounding. Uranus is the awakener and its conjunction with the New Moon may evoke the need to finally create this change that will bring long term and sustainable results, but its challenging aspect with Saturn indicates a current level of restriction and limitation, which may have to do with the quarantine and its consequences. However, when the Waxing Crescent changes to Gemini, conjuncts Venus and trines Mars is when it’s mostly ideal to take action.
This makes this New Moon an opportunity to set the intention to bring positive change to an area of life that may be stagnant or that needs a re-evaluation. This is what will plant the seeds that you may see bloom with the Full Moon in Taurus of October 31st, 2020. This energy is also excellent for rituals of self love and for releasing what may prevent prosperity, abundance or romance to enter your life.
WHERE THE NEW MOON IN TAURUS WOULD BE TRANSITING IN YOUR CHART
Where the New Moon will be transiting in your chart indicates the area of life where you will be coming from a place of stagnation and will be meeting significant changes that may have to do also with venusian themes (love, relationships, self esteem, desires and finances).
- Aries: In the second house. Hence, the area of finances, possessions and your value system.
- Taurus: In the first house. Hence, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Gemini: In the twelfth house. Thus, the area of the subconscious mind, dreams, karma, confinement, working ‘under the radar’.
- Cancer: In the eleventh house. Hence, the area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Leo: In the tenth house. Thus, the area of career, public image and reputation.
- Virgo: In the ninth house. Hence, the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Libra: In the eighth house. Thus, in the area investments, inheritance and debts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, the shadow side and sexuality.
- Scorpio: In the seventh house. Hence, the area of relationships, weddings, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Sagittarius: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Capricorn: In the fifth house. Thus, the area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Aquarius: In the fourth house. Hence, the area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Pisces: In the third house. Thus, the area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
In my Patreon, I created a guide book for this New Moon to further deepen your lunar work and also wrote an in depth horoscope for your sign.
FOCUSING YOUR INNER WORK:
- In what area of life will the New Moon be initiating a new emotional cycle?
- Is there a level of stagnation or limitation in that area?
- How can I begin to step out of my comfort zone and create positive change there?
- What needs more sustainability or stability in my life?
- What do I need to re-evaluate in my resources, finances, values, priorities and in my relationships?