- New Moon: 12° Gemini
- Date: June 3rd 2019
- Time: 6:02 AM EDT / 3:02 AM PDT
- Element: AIR
- Modality: Mutable
- Ruler: Mercury
- Themes: A new lunar cycle of six months begins, being open for the new and different, breaking free from molds and imposed beliefs, setting intentions, conceptualizing ideas.
ABOUT NEW MOONS
New Moons mark the end and the beginning of the 29.5 day lunar cycle. Every month it happens in the same zodiac sign and degree as the Sun. Thus, it occurs when both luminaries make an exact conjunction that results with the Moon being overshadowed from our geocentric perspective. This merges our external identity/presence (Sun), with our inner world and emotional nature (Moon). Therefore, it’s a moment of stillness, recharging and for retreating. It’s ideal for introspection and for setting intentions for the upcoming cycle.
NEW MOON IN GEMINI
The Moon will be entirely obscured at 12 degrees Gemini, an Air and mutable sign ruled by Mercury. New Moon’s influenced by this sign offer an excellent energy to connect with the power of the mind and the abstract thought. It’s perfect for developing ideas and for channeling it for any form of communication. The two luminaries will be aspecting the Jupiter and Neptune square and this highlights that our belief system, dreams and aspirations are to be meeting flexibility or a change of form with this new emotional cycle. Since “as above, so below”, the dark moon in the sky represents an aperture in the ground. Thus, this lunar event is excellent for planting seeds around what it represents.
When it comes to plant life, the element of air is sometimes necessary for them to grow, since the wind contributes to the dispersal of seeds. Without it, they may remain under their parent plant without proper sunlight, water or nutrients. Analogically, this element assists us on putting our ideas or intentions in the right place by gaining clarity on where, when or how they’re going to be implemented. Hence, it helps us develop or conceptualize them.
Gemini has another characteristic, its mutable modality, and this makes it flexible, adaptable to the environment and changeable. This in combination with its element makes this sign be intellectually curious, open minded and a seeker of knowledge. Lastly, as it’s ruled by the messenger of the gods, the one that travels freely from the mortal and divine world to trade information (Mercury/Hermes), it shapes this sign as one that is communicative, versatile and seeker of new paths.
JUPITER SQUARE NEPTUNE
The dual nature of Gemini helps us discern between good and bad, between fantasy and reality. The square between Jupiter and Neptune talks about imposed beliefs, illusions and aspirations that don’t stem from our soul. Thus, this New Moon aspecting these two planets, is perfect for discerning on which of those are false and to become aware and clear on what we truly aspire.
On January 2019, Jupiter in Sagittarius made an exact square to Neptune. This aspect is one of the most important of 2019, as it will happen multiple times during the year. During this lunar event they will be squaring each other in a 2 degree orb, while the two luminaries will be aspecting both in a 6-8 orb. However, this time Jupiter is retrograde, meaning that this has to do with our expansion and that there is something internal to revise before continuing our growth. Therefore, it’s asking precisely for this change of perspective and to break free from molds or beliefs that are paralyzing our expansion.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
This New Moon asks you to start this emotional cycle with being open for the new and for becoming aware on what you truly aspire and dream about. Hence, the purpose is to follow those aspirations, set intentions or begin by experimenting.
The energy of Gemini highlights to explore the unknown, to try a different path and begin conceptualizing your ideas and intentions. The air element and mercurial energy can assist you in anything related to communication: writing, learning and communicating the right message. In addition, it’s ideal to begin introducing new ideas into your projects or endeavors, as they will work as seeds that will ideally bloom on the Full Moon in Gemini of December 2019.
WHERE THE NEW MOON IN GEMINI WILL BE TRANSITING BASED ON YOUR RISING SIGN
Where the Sun and Moon would be transiting, indicates in what area of life a new emotional cycle will begin. This is based on your ascendant and a whole sign system.
- Gemini: In the first house. Hence, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Cancer: In the twelfth house. Thus, the area of the subconscious mind, dreams, karma, confinement, working ‘under the radar’.
- Leo: In the eleventh house. Hence, the area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Virgo: In the tenth house. Thus, the area of career, public image and reputation.
- Libra: In the ninth house. Hence, the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Scorpio: In the eighth house. Thus, in the area investments, inheritance and debts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, the shadow side and sexuality.
- Sagittarius: In the seventh house. Hence, the area of relationships, weddings, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Capricorn: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Aquarius: In the fifth house. Thus, the area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Pisces: In the fourth house. Hence, the area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Aries: In the third house. Thus, the area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Taurus: In the second house. Hence, the area of finances, possessions and your value system.
FOCUSING YOUR LUNAR WORK
- Do I have any imposed beliefs or aspirations?
- What do I truly aspire?
- How can I break free from limiting beliefs that stagnates my expansion?
- What am I currently curious about and should begin to follow with this New Moon?
- What ideas do I have that I haven’t conceptualize yet?