- Full Moon: 11° Aquarius 46’
- Date & time: August 3rd (11:59 AM ET / 8:59 AM PST)
- Element: Air
- Modality: Fixed
- Co rulers: Uranus & Saturn
- Themes: Culmination, emotional climax, results. Breaking free from self imposed limits, suppression and obstacles. External revealings, surprises, unexpected change, hidden information coming to light.
ABOUT FULL MOONS
Every month the Moon reaches its fuller phase when it makes an exact opposition with the Sun. It’s the peak of the lunar cycle, when emotions are heightened and when something subconscious rises into our conscious awareness. Also, it symbolizes completion, when we see the results of what we began during the New Moon of the same sign. This makes it perfect to celebrate if you see the blooms of the seeds you planted and/or an opportunity for reflection and gaining emotional clarity on a situation.
FULL MOON IN AQUARIUS
The Moon will reach its peak at 11 degrees of Aquarius, a fixed and air sign ruled by Saturn & Uranus. This lunar event will culminate with a bang an emotional cycle that initiated on January 24th with the New Moon in Aquarius. This last one made a strong square to its co-ruler Uranus, the planet of radical change, surprises and revolution. The Full Moon will be making this same exact aspect, but while Uranus is preparing to station retrograde.
This signifies that it will be culminating the internal process that began six months ago, which stirred the desire for reinvention, innovation and progress in an area of our lives. Therefore, it will be blooming the fruits of the seeds we planted and illuminating where change and progress is still needed. In addition, it will be inviting us to break free from suppression, blockages, self imposed limits and the comfort zone in order continue our personal reinvention.
LEO SEASON: THE FULL MOON IN AQUARIUS AND NEW MOON IN LEO
The Sun is currently transiting through the sign of Leo and two weeks after this lunar event, we will have its New Moon, one that will call for us to connect with the wild woman within, cultivate our confidence, embrace what makes us unique and begin following what we are truly passionate about. For instance, this Full Moon in Aquarius will be illuminating all of that which suppress and limits us so that we begin releasing and breaking free from them and prepare for the new lunar cycle of August 18th.
THE COSMIC SKY DURING THE FULL MOON
This Full Moon week, Mercury, the planet of the mind and communication, will be highly active. On the 1st, it will be opposing Pluto, exposing what was before hidden underground. On the night of this lunar event, it will be opposing Saturn, illuminating where our limits lie. Further, Mars, the planet of action and war will be clashing with Jupiter, the planet of expansion, highlighting that conflict may arise. These aspects happening during the lunar climax, reinforces that new information may come to light and provoke chaos in the collective. Therefore, this is what may contribute to the unexpected change that the square between the luminaries and Uranus announces. Additionally, this also highlights that we may become conscious of our current blockages that may be the cause of stagnation in an area of our lives.
URANUS RETROGRADE: AUGUST 15TH – JANUARY 14TH
Uranus has been going through Taurus since May 2018, ruling over security, the material and that which holds value, coming with some shake ups to this in a collective level. However, individually influencing the house in our natal chart that is ruled by this venusian sign. This Taurus house corresponds to an area of life in which we may like to remain in a state of comfort and stability. Thus, where we may not feel comfortable with abrupt or unexpected change. However, with this planet’s presence in this area, it may be shaking us up to come out of a place of stagnation and create change there. For instance, these lunations in Aquarius squaring Uranus have been stirring internally the desire for reinvention, innovation and progress.
On August 15th, Uranus will begin its retrograde transit at 10 degrees Taurus and will end it at 6 degrees of this sign on January 14th, 2021. This period will represent a pause for all of the changes Uranus has been bringing in the house it’s transiting in our chart. On another note, it’s also a period in which we will be invited to review that area of life and identify if there are changes still needed to be made, which is what may become illuminated with this full moon. Thus, the blockages we may become conscious of and the changes we may feel called to do from this lunar event, is what we will be working on during uranus retrograde.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
Where you have Aquarius in your chart indicates the area of life that will be activated by this Full Moon. This is where you may meet notable changes and results of the process that initiated from the start of this year. What personal reinvention goals did you had back then? If you see the blooms of the seeds you planted, then it’s a time for you to celebrate! However, it will be highlighting also where you may feel stuck or limited in order to begin breaking free from the blockages while Uranus goes retrograde.
The energies of this lunation may be erratic and chaotic, as the Moon in an air sign increases mental chatter and its t-square with Uranus, may make emotions extremely fluctuating and volatile and provoke impetuous actions or anxiety. Hence, recommended for these days to practice conscious breathing, meditation and/or mindfulness. A time to begin connecting with your inner peace despite the external chaos.
WHERE THE FULL MOON WILL BE TRANSITING IN YOUR CHART
Look for your rising sign below, this is where the Full Moon will be transiting. In the Lunar Witch Patreon tier, I created a Full Moon PDF/ Ebook that comes with an Astro Guide to learn how this lunar event will be influencing you individually, a ritual recommendation, and a workbook.
- Aries: In the eleventh house, the area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Taurus: In the tenth house, the area of career, public image and reputation.
- Gemini: In the ninth house, the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Cancer: In the eighth house, the area investments, inheritance and debts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, the shadow side and sexuality.
- Leo: In the seventh house, the area of relationships, weddings, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Virgo: In the sixth house, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Libra: In the fifth house, the area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Scorpio: In the fourth house. The area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Sagittarius: In the third house, the area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Capricorn: In the second house, the area of finances, possessions and your value system.
- Aquarius: In the first house, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Pisces: In the twelfth house, the area of the unconscious, dreams, karma, confinement, working ‘under the radar’.