- Full Moon: 17° Scorpio 37’
- Date & time: May 7th (6:45 AM ET / 3:45 AM PST)
- Element: Water
- Modality: Fixed
- Co rulers: Mars & Pluto
- Themes: Emotional Climax, hidden truths excavated, catharsis, accessing inner knowledge, new hidden information to light.
ABOUT FULL MOONS
Every month the Moon reaches its fuller phase when it makes an exact opposition with the Sun. It’s the peak of the lunar cycle, when emotions are heightened and when something subconscious rises into the conscious awareness. Also, it symbolizes completion, when we see the results of what we began during the New Moon of the same sign. This makes it perfect to celebrate if you see the blooms of the seeds you planted and/or an opportunity for reflection and gaining emotional clarity on a situation.
SUPER FULL MOON IN SCORPIO
The Full Moon will occur at 17 degrees Scorpio, a fixed and water sign co ruled by Mars and Pluto. This is the climax of the lunar cycle of Taurus Season and we meet the balance of the polarity with the opposition of the luminaries in these signs. The Full Moon will be in the perigee, the point at which the Moon in its orbit is closest to our planet. Hence, why it’s a Super Full Moon and the last one of 2020. The Moon is at a fall in this sign because as it rules our emotional world, the emotional depth and instability of Scorpio is not comfortable.
For instance, it being in this sign and around the perigee, it makes it the most intense and cathartic Full Moon of 2020. As it will be opposite Mercury in Taurus and in positive aspect with Neptune, it may excavate hidden truths, decipher enigmas and illuminate what needs to be shed so that new skin resurfaces. However, know that its effects will last for the next 14 days ending with the last degree of the Waning Dark Moon in Taurus, which is the most potent time to purge what manifested during this Full Moon.
TAURUS SEASON’S LUNATION: New Moon in Taurus & Full Moon in Scorpio
Remember that this is the climax after the New Moon in Taurus conjunct Uranus. This last lunar event initiated a new cycle of radical change and transformation. However, because of its square with Saturn, it may have restricted and paralyzed us to take action. During the Full Moon, the square with Saturn already worn off and we´re finally unchained. Thus, the intense desire of Scorpio to move from resistance is the catalyst towards creating the radical change we may see materialized within six months.
PLUTO RETROGRADE: April 25th-October 4th, 2020
Pluto, co ruler of Scorpio, stationed retrograde on April 25th and this indicates that what will be illuminated with this Full Moon are the shadow aspects of the self, the unconscious and what needs to be shed so that new skin resurfaces, but also the culprits of what may be keeping us from connecting with our personal power, our resilience and what may be delaying the process of personal transformation.
This planet will station retrograde on October 4th, 2020. Thus, this process extends for the proximate months and the Full Moon in Scorpio will initiate the process of catharsis, surfacing unconscious desires, trauma or fears and the internal transformation of its retrograde transit.
FULL MOON OPPOSITE MERCURY
The luminary that rules the unconscious mind, our emotional world, the instinctive responses and our intuition faces with Mercury, the planet of communication and the analytical, logical mind. As Mercury is in Taurus, this aspect reinforces that we will be called to dig deep and excavate the hidden skeletons and/or treasures, bringing the deepest truths to light, helping us find the key that will open the door to our inner knowledge.
FULL MOON TRINE NEPTUNE
As the Moon trines Neptune, the planet of illusions, dreams, inspiration, divination, and the veils that cloud reality, but that help us access the other realms. Mercury also will make a harmonious aspect to Neptune, thus, we meet its positive influence which will make it a magnificent night for receiving psychic insight, tuning within to connect with your intuition and to uncover what’s under the veils of illusion. Venus, soon to retrograde is currently aspecting tensely to Neptune and this energy will be active through all of May.
Hence, it brings a level of clouded of judgement around desires and Venusian matters like love, relationships and finances. However, as expressed because of the Mercury opposition and with the Moon in detective Scorpio, the hidden will rise from the surface. For instance, this Full Moon may clarify and shed light to the inauthentic.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
The intense energy of this Full Moon may induce erratic and lunatic behavior. Hence, another lunar event that’s recommended to practice grounding, making sure to calm the body and release emotional tension through a meditation practice or through a ritual that stabilizes your mind, body & spirit.
The harmonious aspect with Neptune and its confrontation with Mercury, makes the night of the lunar climax ideal for self exploration of your light and darkness and to clarify around what needs to be healed or shed from your life and begin connecting with your inner strength to confront the changes that are occurring in the collective.
WHERE THE FULL MOON WILL TRANSIT IN YOUR CHART ACCORDING TO YOUR RISING SIGN
Where the Full Moon will transit in your chart indicates the area of life where it will bring inner and external clarity around what needs to change, heal or released in order to transform a current situation and come out of a place of stagnation in the opposite house. This is also where you may meet the results of the intentions you set or of what began on October 27th with the New Moon in Scorpio.
This is based on your rising sign (look for it below) and a whole sign system. In my Patreon, I wrote a guide for this Full Moon including the complete horoscope for your sign and what it means if the Moon aspects a personal planet in your chart.
LOOK FOR YOUR RISING SIGN
- Scorpio: In the first house. Hence, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Sagittarius: In the twelfth house. Thus, the area of the subconscious mind, dreams, karma, confinement, working ‘under the radar’.
- Capricorn: In the eleventh house. Hence, the area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts, goals and aspirations.
- Aquarius: In the tenth house. Thus, the area of career, public image and reputation.
- Pisces: In the ninth house. Hence, the area of travel, higher knowledge and education, philosophical beliefs, religion, foreign people and countries.
- Aries: In the eighth house. Thus, in the area investments, inheritance and debts, shared resources, intimacy, the occult, emotional upheavals and transformation.
- Taurus: In the seventh house. Hence, the area of relationships, associates, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Gemini: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Cancer: In the fifth house. Thus, the area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Leo: In the fourth house. Hence, the area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Virgo: In the third house. Thus, the area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Libra: In the second house. Hence, the area of finances, possessions and your value system