- Full Moon: 0° Libra 9´
- Time: March 20th 9:43 PM EDT/ 6:43 PM PDT
- Element: Air
- Modality: Cardinal
- Ruler: Venus
- Themes: Relationships with oneself and others, emotional balance, self esteem, mirrors, new phase, astrological new year.
ABOUT FULL MOONS
Every month the Moon reaches its full phase when it makes an exact opposition with the Sun. It represents the peak of its cycle, when emotions are heightened and when something subconscious rises into the conscious awareness. Also, it symbolizes a completion, when we see the results of what we’ve previously worked on. This makes it a great time to celebrate if you see the results of the seeds you planted and/or an opportunity for gaining clarity on something or a situation.
FULL MOON IN LIBRA
This lunar event happening in the new astrological year, in a cardinal sign and at the symbolic zero
This one will happen at 0 degrees, while the other at 29. These two are considered to be critical as, respectively, one is just beginning and the other is close to enter another sign. The first one represents a blooming and culmination with internal work needed, while the other completes the culminating process when all the lessons are learned regarding relationships.
NEW MOON IN LIBRA AND VENUS RETROGRADE
Every full moon represents the time of culmination of something that began with the new moon of the same sign, a process that lasts for six months. On October 8th 2018, we had a New Moon in Libra in which its ruling planet, Venus, just began its retrograde motion three days before. During that time, we were called to reassess, revise, end or renew our relationships and our self esteem. Hence, the seeds we planted during that time had to do with these Venusian themes.
Therefore, this first lunar event represents the time when those intentions are blooming on the start of Aries Season, but with an emotional cycle beginning to end.
Every time the Sun enters Aries, the Spring equinox begins in the Northern Hemisphere. This season marks the new year of the zodiac, hence a time of beginnings. Happening while the Moon reaches its fuller phase, it’s a potent time for
ARIES AND LIBRA POLARITY
When the Sun and the Moon meet in an opposition, we have a Full Moon and this aspect brings the balance of both the signs these two luminaries are in.
Aries is the sign of “me”, the ruler of the first house of self; it’s fiery, ruled by Mars and cardinal, hence, begins something to achieve its ambition. Libra, however, it’s the sign of “we”, the ruler of the seventh house of relationships;
When both signs are in their ideal balance, it teaches us the art of relationships and teamwork. Now, we’re not only operating from the ego, we are also considering the other. However, there needs to be a balance because our desires and needs should always be considered too. For this reason, the balance between both is needed in order for relationships to work efficiently and healthily.
FULL MOON ASPECTING CHIRON
In many cases, relationships work as mirrors since how we are with another person can reflect who we are inside.
The Sun merging forces with Chiron in Aries while being opposed by the Moon, indicates that what will be highlighted during this time is precisely how we are internally and how we project it within our romantic or non-romantic relationships. For instance, our unconscious wounds, insecurities, fears and sense of self worth.
All of that may rise during this lunar event, so that we become self aware and improve consciously our self esteem and our relationship with ourselves. Making it an ideal way to begin to end this emotional cycle with a clear perspective of what needs to be left behind or healed.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
On 2018, Venus Retrograde made us question our relationships and may have come with endings, radical changes on them and in our confidence. That internal process began with the new moon in Libra and some may have set intentions based on these themes. This Full Moon brings you the results of those intentions, but it asks you to look within if what is being reflected is instead what needs to be healed internally. Hence, why it still doesn´t end completely the emotional cycle, since it´s calling for this first.
In addition, as Chiron is at interplay, it’s an ideal time to observe how you are, how you interact and what you do or not accept in your relationships, as it’s a reflection of your subconscious. Hence, it´s perfect for internal work on your self esteem and ego wounds and how it’s level is being reflected in your relationship with yourself and others.
Finally, during that time, things regarding these last aspects may not have been that clear and now they are being highlighted so that you begin this phase with a deeper level of self awareness. This is because one cannot completely improve a relationship if refuses to look within. Otherwise, what has not healed, will still be causing conflict.
This awareness will be that light in your path of this astrological new year and equinox. This internal work will be necessary for this new phase, as it will clear your path from vicious cycles that lead you to either both extremes of both signs and will instead bring you the balance needed between the inner-dynamic between you and/or partner. The next full phase will culminate completely the emotional cycle and will be bringing a new perspective for the start of Taurus Season.
WHERE THE FULL MOON WILL BE TRANSITING BASED ON YOUR RISING SIGN
Where the Moon will be transiting indicates what calls for emotional balance in your life or internal work regarding relationships.
- Aries: In the seventh house, the area of relationships, weddings, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Taurus: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Gemini: In the fifth house. The area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Cancer: In the fourth house. The area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Leo: In the third house. The area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Virgo: In the second house. The area of finances, possessions and your value system.
- Libra: In the first house. Hence, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Scorpio: In the twelfth house. The area of the unconscious, dreams, karma, confinement, working ‘under the radar’.
- Sagittarius: In the eleventh house. The area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Capricorn: In the tenth house. The area of career, public image and reputation.
- Aquarius: In the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Pisces: In the area investments, inheritance and debts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, the shadow side and sexuality.
FOCUSING YOUR LUNAR WORK
- What intentions did I set during the New Moon in Libra of 2018? Do I see any results?
- What has rose to my conscious awareness and how does that guide me towards the new astrological year?
- In what area of life is the Full Moon highlighting for balance between “Me” and “We”?
- How am I being and interacting in my relationships and what does that say about me?
- What have I become self aware of and how can I heal it in order to improve my relationship between myself and others?
Written by Kiaralys Rosario | Astrologer on KiaraStellar . My approach in astrology comes from my love for the stars and their archetypal energies that coexist within us and that by translating their language, we are able to reach a deeper level of self-awareness and discover our life’s path. Follow me on Instagram for daily horoscopes @KiaraStellar , to book a reading or read the Cosmic Blog: kiarastellar.com