- Date: December 29th, 2020
- Time: 10:28 PM ET / 7:28 PM PST
- Element: Water
- Modality: Cardinal
- Ruler: The Moon
ABOUT FULL MOONs
Every month the Moon reaches its fuller phase when it makes an exact opposition with the Sun. It’s the peak of the lunar cycle, when emotions are heightened and when something subconscious rises into the conscious awareness. Also, it symbolizes completion, when we see the results of what we began during the New Moon of its same zodiac sign. This makes it perfect to celebrate if you see the blooms of the seeds you planted and/or an opportunity for reflection and gaining emotional clarity on a situation.
FULL MOON IN CANCER
The Full Moon will occur at 8 degrees Cancer, a water and cardinal sign ruled by the Queen of the night. This lunar event will happen in a perfect sextile with Uranus in Taurus, auguring positive news or change for the collective having to do with finances and individually, in an area of our lives, making it an uplifting way to end such a difficult year. However, this is after an intensely emotive, soul stirring and wound inflicting week with the Sun squaring Chiron on the 26th. Therefore, as the Moon will be closely squaring this asteroid, it indicates that it’s also a time for healing and for letting go of what’s tainting our emotional well being.
Further, with this lunation, we will finally put an end to a challenging karmic chapter that the Cancer/Capricorn eclipses initiated in 2018, as this is the first Full Moon in this sign that’s not devoured by the North Node/Dragon’s head since that year. Thus, marking the end of fated lessons and challenges as we move forward with the wisdom of experience in the area of life in our chart ruled by this sign.
THE CULMINATION OF TWO EMOTIONAL CYCLES
Moreover, it will culminate the two emotional cycles that began this summer with the last Solar Eclipse in Cancer of June 21st and the New Moon in this same sign of July 20th. The first one occurred while Mercury was going retrograde in Cancer, making it more about endings than beginnings, as it invited us to purge the old and break karmic patterns, heal from past experiences and/or to liberate ourselves from what no longer was serving in our lives.
July’s New Moon was about beginnings, but as it exactly opposed Saturn, it hinted the need to break free from something Saturnian, be it external or psychological limitations, responsibilities, commitments that are no longer fulfilling, stress and burdensome fears in the six month cycle it opened. For instance, since this Full Moon brings this cycle to a climax and a culmination and because Uranus is involved, it signals that relief and the liberation has arrived, as reinforced with Saturn no longer being in Capricorn and opposing our Cancer house.
CAPRICORN SEASON’S NEW MOON
On January 13th we will have the New Moon of Capricorn season that will be occurring right conjunct Pluto, the planet of death and rebirth and lord of the underworld. For instance, the theme of this new emotional cycle is all about rising from the ashes, bringing internal or external transformation that will begin in the house it will transit in our chart for the next six months. The reason why it has a neutral to positive meaning is because the past lunations that happened in Capricorn and Cancer, and that aspected Pluto, were an eclipse.
Hence, the planet of death was beside the South Node, point of dissolution, a double indicator that those lunar events were more about the destruction of structures than their creation. Moreover, Saturn and Jupiter were also conjunct this dwarf planet adding more to the heaviness and increment to whatever Pluto was bringing. This was the energy reigning during 2020 and the ones that described all that happened in the world, as their influence was all to tear and bring the collapse of the structures in our society.
SATURN AND JUPITER IN AQUARIUS DURING THE NEW MOON IN CAPRICORN
However, now Saturn, the dispositor of this New Moon and Jupiter, are in the sign of Aquarius bringing structural growth in society and the rebuilding of structures with the themes that this sign rules, such as with the help of science, turning everything digital and having improved technology. For instance, after the Saturn and Jupiter conjunction, this new emotional cycle now officially initiates the rebuilding of all that collapsed, the rebirth after the death phase, as we have the first New Moon in Capricorn since 2019 that’s not a Solar Eclipse or beside the point of dissolution.
THE NEXT TWO WEEKS AFTER THE FULL MOON IN CANCER
For instance, the Full Moon in Cancer will lead us to this new cycle, and for the next two weeks the Moon will be in its waning phase, ideal to begin a deep process of purging, releasing and healing the wounds that were illuminated with the Chiron square. Ultimately, this lunar event brings a challenging karmic chapter to an end and with the New Moon in Capricorn we begin to write another story that promises a dawn after the dusk.
Thus, take this next week to reflect on the lessons you learned with the Cancer/Capricorn eclipses of 2018-2020 and with what you will be leaving behind to continue your personal transformation. However, the day of the Full Moon is excellent to look for emotional support, share time with your loved ones and allow yourself to feel and be vulnerable so that suppressed emotions are released and you begin to feel the relief and soothing energy that this Moon gifts to all of us.
WHERE THE FULL MOON WILL BE TRANSITING IN YOUR CHART
Where the Full Moon will be transiting in your chart indicates the area of life where you may be meeting a sense of liberation and the end of a challenging chapter that began with the eclipses of 2018 and the culmination of two emotional cycles that began in the Summer of 2020. As it will be harmoniously aspecting Uranus, it signals that this ending brings a positive change. Thus, apply the lessons you learned so that this house continues to be in constant improvement, spotless and well maintained. This is based on your rising sign and whole sign system
LOOK FOR YOUR RISING SIGN BELOW
- Cancer: In the first house. The area of self, appearance, personality; ruling over your personal goals, your physical body and how other people see you.
- Leo: In the twelfth house. The area of the unconscious mind, mental health, spirituality, isolation, confinement, endings and losses and everything you do behind the scenes.
- Virgo: In the eleventh house. The area of friends, groups, community, social networks, connections, social recognition, goals and aspirations.
- Libra: In the tenth house. The area of career, public image and social status.
- Scorpio: In the ninth house. The area of expansion, long term travel, higher knowledge, college education, philosophical and religious beliefs.
- Sagittarius: In the eighth house. The area of transformation, the occult, shared resources, other people’s money, tax, credit, investments; sex and the intimacy you share with a partner.
- Capricorn: In the seventh. The area of relationships, business partnerships, collaborations, laws and contracts.
- Aquarius: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of health and wellness, service work and work environment, daily tasks, routines and productivity.
- Pisces: In the fifth house. The area of fun, romance and dating, creativity, projects, children and fertility.
- Aries: In the fourth house. The area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Taurus: In the third house. The area of the mind and communication, ideas, education, hobbies and interests, siblings and neighbors and immediate environment.
- Gemini: In the second house. The area of personal resources, money, possessions, value system, self worth and self esteem.