- Date: January 28th, 2021
- Time: 2:16 PM ET / 11:16 AM PST
- Element: Fire
- Modality: Fixed
- Ruler: The Sun
ABOUT FULL MOONS
Every month the Moon reaches its fuller phase when it makes an exact opposition with the Sun. It’s the peak of the lunar cycle, when emotions are heightened and when something subconscious rises into the conscious awareness. Also, it symbolizes completion, when we see the results of what we began during the New Moon of its same zodiac sign. This makes it perfect to celebrate if you see the blooms of the seeds you planted and/or an opportunity for reflection and gaining emotional clarity on a situation.
FULL MOON IN LEO
The Full Moon will occur at 9 degrees of Leo, a fixed and fire sign ruled by the Sun. This lunar event will culminate an emotional cycle that began six months ago with the New Moon in Leo, making it a time of meeting results of what was conceived during that lunation. However, it will also be bringing to a climax the energy that was brewing since Aquarius Season started, as the Sun faces the Moon in its bold and fiery opposite sign.
The Aquarius and Leo axis narrative presents the challenge to balance one’s individual desires (Leo) with the needs of a group or of society (Aquarius). Hence, after too much focus on what’s occurring in the world, with this Full Moon, it’s time to look within our hearts and begin to focus on fulfilling our individual needs and on following our bliss, our passions and our core desires, as that’s what will be illuminated.
THE FULL MOON’S ASPECTS TO SATURN, JUPITER, MARS AND URANUS
The Moon will be exactly opposite Jupiter in Aquarius and in a t-square with Mars, Black Moon Lilith and Uranus, fueling us with a passionate, electric and daring energy, impulsing us to take action towards our need for self expression. This after feeling dimmed and restricted because of the Sun’s applying conjunction to Saturn since the past week.
FULL MOON’S EXACT OPPOSITION WITH JUPITER // SUN CONJUNCT JUPITER: JANUARY 28TH
However, this aspect between the Sun and Saturn was perfected on January 23rd. Therefore, now that this luminary is separating from it, its dimming influence is beginning to wane while its conjunction with Jupiter, the planet of expansion, reaches a climax during this lunar event. For instance, this Full Moon will be inviting us to shine our light, to move away from self imposed or external limits and go towards our true heart’s desires and motivations with courage.
VENUS CONJUNCT PLUTO: JANUARY 28TH
During this lunar event, Venus will be in a perfect conjunction with Pluto in Capricorn. Hence, this indicates that the hidden or suppressed will be illuminated as we become clear of our core wants. Therefore, after weeks of uncertainty, this radiant Moon will be reflecting the emotional clarity needed in order to head towards a new path and/or let go of something. In addition, Venus also rules our self esteem and sense of self worth and so that will be also what may be transformed in order to step into our power and become confident enough to stop shrinking ourselves and begin to boldly express ourselves after this Leo Full Moon.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR US
This lunar event is a preview of the new cycle that will initiate on February 11th with the New Moon in Aquarius. On that day, we will have seven planets in this air and fixed sign: the Sun, the Moon, Mercury, Venus, Saturn and Jupiter. Thus, the energy of Aquarius will be reigning in the sky, bringing radical changes to the area of life that will experience more growth and progress in 2021 as it’s where we’re being called to reinvent ourselves.
Therefore, this Full Moon in a T-square with Mars and Uranus in Taurus will be calling for us to begin breaking free from our comfort zone in order to begin the new cycle without resistance for change or without our hearts fully into what we will be moving towards. The key will be to follow what makes our soul vibrate and fuels us with passion.
Hence, why Mercury will be going retrograde in Aquarius on the 30th, tracing back the same degrees it crossed in January 15th till March 13th so we re-evaluate our goals and intentions for this year and make sure that what we’re doing fulfills us and truly aligns with our core self. Interestingly, this Full Moon will occur in the degree (9) behind the one where Mercury will station direct (10). Hence, indicating that that’s where full clarity lies and so there is no need to revise.
WHERE THE FULL MOON WILL BE TRANSITING IN YOUR CHART
Where the Full Moon will be transiting in your chart indicates where you’re meeting this emotional climax. Hence, where you’re being called to express yourself unapologetically and where you will also receive clarity in order to revise matters in your Aquarius house.
LOOK FOR YOUR RISING SIGN BELOW
- Leo: In the first house. Hence, the area of self, appearance, personality; ruling over your personal goals, your physical body and how other people see you.
- Virgo: In the twelfth house. Hence, the area of the unconscious mind, mental health, spirituality, isolation, confinement, endings and losses and everything you do behind the scenes.
- Libra: In the eleventh house. Hence, the area of friends, groups, community, social networks, connections, social recognition, goals and aspirations.
- Scorpio: In the tenth house. Hence, the area of career, public image and social status.
- Sagittarius: In the ninth house. Hence, the area of expansion, long term travel, higher knowledge, college education, philosophical and religious beliefs.
- Capricorn: In the eighth house. Thus, the area of transformation, the occult, shared resources, other people’s money, tax, credit, investments; sex and the intimacy you share with a partner.
- Aquarius: In the seventh. Thus, the area of relationships, business partnerships, collaborations, laws and contracts.
- Pisces: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of health and wellness, service work and work environment, daily tasks, routines and productivity.
- Aries: In the fifth house. Hence, the area of fun, romance and dating, creativity, projects, children and fertility.
- Taurus: In the fourth house. Thus, the area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Gemini: In the third house. The area of the mind and communication, ideas, education, hobbies and interests, siblings and neighbors and immediate environment.
- Cancer: In the second house. The area of personal resources, money, possessions, value system, self worth and self esteem.