- New Moon: 25° VIRGO 00′
- Date: September 17th, 2020
- Time: 7:00 am ET / 4:00 am PST
- Element: Earth
- Modality: Mutable
- Ruler: Mercury
ABOUT NEW MOONS
The New/Dark Moon marks the beginning of an emotional cycle that will reach its climax in six months with the Full Moon of the same zodiac sign. Every month it happens in the same sign and degree as the Sun. Thus, it occurs when both luminaries are in a perfect conjunction that results with the Moon being completely overshadowed. Symbolically, this merges our external identity/conscience (Sun), with our inner, subconscious world and emotional nature (Moon).
This is when the waning moon has reached completion and it’s in its darkest phase, making us go inward. Therefore, it’s still a moment of stillness, recharging and for retreating. However, as the dawn always comes after the darkness it also announces a new beginning that we’re not able to see just yet. Thus, it makes it perfect to set intentions that you want to manifest in six months with the Full Moon of the same sign.
NEW MOON IN VIRGO
The New Moon will occur at 25 degrees of Virgo, an earth and mutable sign ruled by Mercury. The luminaries will be in a tense alignment with the nodes of destiny, putting us in a crossroads to decide what we’re going to leave behind as we enter an unknown territory to follow a new calling. However, they will be aligning harmoniously with Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn, indicating that this new cycle will be bringing transformation as we work on materializing our intentions and creating stronger structures for ourselves through effort, commitment, discipline and patience. The waning opposition between the New Moon and Neptune whilst it aspects these planets in grounded Capricorn, highlights that we’re stepping away from the fog and are becoming clear of what exactly we want to accomplish, change, reorder and reconstruct in our lives.
SETTING INTENTIONS AND CREATING AN ACTION PLAN
The time to finally confront the truth, assume our responsibility and become the creators of our reality and our future has come. Thus, this lunar event promises a new start and a transformation, making it excellent to set intentions and create an action plan for how you’re going to be manifesting your vision. However, with Mars Retrograde squaring Saturn during this lunar event, it hints that when it comes to take action, we may need to leave behind old methods, negative habits and begin trying new strategies and methods of execution.
NEW MOON 25° VIRGO SQUARE LUNAR NODES 24° GEMINI & SAGITTARIUS
This aspect is almost exact, making it a significant influence to this lunar event. The North Node, which is currently in Gemini, is known as the point of destiny. Thus, meaning that this six month portal that this New Moon opens will be aligning us with the path of our soul’s purpose. The South Node in Sagittarius, which is known as the point of dissolution, is also activated, indicating that we will also be leaving something from the past behind as we head to a new and fated path that the curiosity of Gemini will ask us to explore. However, as these lunar nodes are aspected tensely, it creates a challenge and that’s that it will be putting us in a crossroads, making this New Moon also about making decisions and groundbreaking changes.
NEW MOON 25° OPPOSITE NEPTUNE 19° PISCES
Neptune is the higher octave of Venus, as it’s the source of inspiration, art, romance and love that Venus pulls from and manifests in the earthly realm. Also, it makes us transcend from the material and the body, ruling over our psychic abilities, and all of the intangible and spiritual. However, in its lower vibration, it’s the planet of escapism and illusions, the mist that clouds our judgement and makes us see things from rose colored glasses or out of touch with reality
Since the luminaries will be opposing it, the shadow qualities of this planet are the ones being brought to our attention. However, the opposition between the Sun & Neptune was perfected on the 12th, meaning that its influence is decaying during the New Moon. For instance, seeing this from a symbolic perspective, it indicates that we’re stepping away from this energy.
NEW MOON IN VIRGO TRINE SATURN 25° CAPRICORN, PLUTO 22° DEGREE CAPRICORN
Moreover, since it’s harmoniously aligning with Saturn, the planet that rules the material and the limits, the complete opposite of Neptune, it reinforces that we’re coming out of a state of evasion and confusion, beginning to ground ourselves in reality and see our horizon clearly as the fog begins to dissipate.
This is perfect because since it will also be aligning with Pluto, this new start is about transforming a situation. Saturn is the planet of discipline and responsibility, meaning that we will be the ones working towards restructuring it and materializing the vision the Full Moon in Pisces may have emerged, which may come from the new calling the lunar nodes are asking us to follow. However, because of the foggy influence of Neptune, we might not have been sure about how to make it happen. Therefore, it’s now that we will be putting the last pieces of the puzzle and finally know what to do to achieve it by creating a strategic and practical plan.
THE CAPRICORN STELLIUM STATIONING DIRECT
Jupiter in Capricorn, which is really close to Saturn & Pluto, stationed direct before this New Moon, meaning that after a period of pause, things are beginning to advance in that area of life in which structures were teared. Saturn will be stationing direct by the end of the month. Thus, this signifies that with this New Moon is when we will be rebuilding the destroyed and repairing the damage. For instance, it’s for this reason that it will ultimately bring transformation as also indicated by the alignment with Pluto.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
This is the inherent meaning of this lunar event, but to know what it means for you individually, look in what house it will be transiting in your natal chart. This is the area of life where you may feel called to transform a situation and also begin working towards changing something or achieving a goal. This New Moon promises long term success. However, you may need to apply effort, commitment, discipline and especially patience in order to make it happen as it may not happen overnight.
If you will like to continue reading and work with this New Moon, in my Patreon, I will be posting an E-book that comes with a beautifully illustrated & extended lunar report; the Astral Guide to learn how it will uniquely be affecting you based on your Natal Chart; A guide to set intentions; an interpretation for what it means if it aspects one of your natal planets; & a workbook with journal prompts to become clear of what you will be manifesting within the next six months! Click here to support me on Patreon & receive this for every New & Full Moon!
LOOK FOR YOU RISING SIGN BELOW
This is based on your rising sign and a whole sign system.
- Aries: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of health and wellness, service work and work environment, daily tasks, routines and productivity.
- Taurus: In the fifth house. The area of fun, romance and dating, creativity, projects, children and fertility.
- Gemini: In the fourth house. The area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Cancer: In the third house. The area of the mind and communication, ideas, education, hobbies and interests, siblings and neighbors and immediate environment.
- Leo: In the second house. The area of personal resources, money, possessions, value system, self worth and self esteem.
- Virgo: In the first house. The area of self, appearance, personality; ruling over your personal goals, your physical body, outlook of life and how other people see you.
- Libra: In the twelfth house. The area of the unconscious mind, mental health, spirituality, the divine and metaphysical, dreams, isolation, confinement, endings and losses; bed pleasures and everything you do behind the scenes.
- Scorpio: In the eleventh house. The area of friends, groups, community, social networks, connections, social recognition, goals and aspirations.
- Sagittarius: In the tenth house. The area of career, public image and social status.
- Capricorn: In the ninth house. The area of expansion, long term travel, higher knowledge and college education, achieving expertise, philosophical and religious beliefs.
- Aquarius: In the eighth house. The area of transformation, the occult, shared resources, other people’s money, tax, returns, credit, mortgage, sex and the intimacy you share with a partner.
- Pisces: In the seventh. The area of relationships, business partnerships, collaborations, laws and contracts.