- Full Moon: 19° Gemini 52´
- Date: December 12th, 2019
- Time: 12:12 AM EDT / 9:12 PM PDT
- Element: Air
- Modality: Mutable
- Ruler: Mercury
- Themes: Emotional climax, culmination of a sixth months cycle, clarity, truth revealed, masks off.
ABOUT FULL MOONS
Every month the Moon reaches its fuller phase when it makes an exact opposition with the Sun. It’s the peak of the lunar cycle, when emotions are heightened and when something subconscious rises into the conscious awareness. Also, it symbolizes completion, when we see the results of what we began during the New Moon of its same zodiac sign. This makes it perfect to celebrate if you see the blooms of the seeds you planted and/or an opportunity for reflection and gaining emotional clarity on a situation.
FULL MOON IN GEMINI
The Full Moon will occur at 19 degrees of Tropical Gemini, an air and mutable sign ruled by Mercury. This lunar event is the climax of Sagittarius Season and the culmination of what began six months ago with the New Moon in Gemini. The ruler of this sign, Mercury, has left the dark waters of Scorpio and entered Sagittarius while leaving the retrograde zone a few days before this Full Moon. This highlights that a truth will come to light, it will be bringing clarity in a situation that has been nebulous. There may be news coming our way and information or answers to what we’ve been seeking, clearing up uncertainty. Furthermore, the two luminaries will be forming a T square with Neptune, indicating that it will be waking us up from illusions, lies and the inauthentic in our lives. The last Full Moon of the decade comes strong with these alignments asking for the truth in all, for clarity and authenticity so that we follow the path that serves our purpose.
Sagittarius Season began with a Venus and Jupiter conjunction and a New Moon that asked for us to set the intention to manifest our vision by letting go of limiting beliefs and opening ourselves up to it with faith and optimism. However, Jupiter, ruler of this sign, entered Capricorn, in which it will stay until December 2020, and this signifies that the way to manifest our hopes and ambitions is through discipline, practicality and strategy. Now, we’ve reached the climax of this season, giving us a hundred percent clarity on our vision and illuminating the path that leads us to it. The energy of Gemini and Mercury in Sagittarius will be making us expand on our ideas, express our truth and disentangle what we truly aspire for 2020, as this is the last Full Moon of this year.
VENUS CONJUNCT SATURN AND PLUTO
In addition, we have a Capricorn stellium with Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto and the South Node in this sign, and these are tearing down old structures, patterns and dynamics that no longer are serving. Venus will be merging with Saturn and Pluto during this lunar event, which means that the themes of the eclipses are already taking effect. However, since Venus is involved it has to do with the patterns and vicious cycles we have in relationships and the Full Moon in Gemini will illuminate what we need to release, banish or reconstruct in them. This makes this lunar event ideal to clear the fog in any matter in your relationship through effective communication.
FULL MOON SQUARE NEPTUNE
Furthermore, where we’ve been deceived will come to light as this lunar event in a tense aspect with Neptune will be taking the masks out of all that´s not raw and real, especially with all this Capricorn energy at play. This may all be put to light in the form of communication, making it a great time to ask questions and look for the answers you seek. It´s a time to listen closely because people’s true intentions and motives may be revealed.
It´s propitious to be honest in communication and express your truth. Also best to not do the opposite and feed white lies to yourself or others. Mercury is not comfortable in Sagittarius so communicating with sincerity, a target in mind and with tact is key to not meet the negative effects of this Full Moon.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
This lunar event is perfect to visualize what you want to achieve for 2020 and set long term goals. Discovering your life purpose and soul path is also a possibility, since our core desires may be illuminated. If you see the results of the intentions you set six months ago, then it´s great to celebrate!
Remember, if anything revealed brings disillusionment, know that it´s for the best, as it´s better to know the truth from the start than knowing it after years when it´s too late. The Full Moon in Gemini is also perfect to retake an old hobby, start a new one or learn a new skill.
With the Saturn, Pluto and Venus conjunction, relationships will be either getting established or ending. With this Moon, it’s excellent to have that necessary conversation.
WHERE THE FULL MOON WILL TRANSIT IN YOUR CHART BASED ON YOUR RISING SIGN
Where the Full Moon will be transiting indicates in what area of life that will be meeting its effects and the culmination of what began on June 3rd with the New Moon in Gemini of 2019.
- Gemini: In the first house. Hence, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Cancer: In the twelfth house. Thus, the area of the subconscious mind, dreams, karma, confinement, working ‘under the radar’.
- Leo: In the eleventh house. Hence, the area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Virgo: In the tenth house. Thus, the area of career, public image and reputation.
- Libra: In the ninth house. Hence, the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Scorpio: In the eighth house. Thus, in the area investments, inheritance and debts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, the shadow side and sexuality.
- Sagittarius: In the seventh house. Hence, the area of relationships, weddings, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Capricorn: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Aquarius: In the fifth house. Thus, the area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Pisces: In the fourth house. Hence, the area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Aries: In the third house. Thus, the area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Taurus: In the second house. Hence, the area of finances, possessions and your value system.