- Full Moon: 20° Leo 00‘
- Date & time: February 8th (11:33 pm PST), February 9th (2:33 am ET)
- Element: Fire
- Modality: Fixed
- Ruler: Sun
- Themes: Emotional Climax, illumination, blossoming, releasing the inner wild, healing the raging and dark feminine, expressing ourselves wholeheartedly.
ABOUT FULL MOONS
Every month the Moon reaches its fuller phase when it makes an exact opposition with the Sun. It’s the peak of the lunar cycle, when emotions are heightened and when something subconscious rises into the conscious awareness. Also, it symbolizes completion, when we see the results of what we began during the New Moon of its same zodiac sign. This makes it perfect to celebrate if you see the blooms of the seeds you planted and/or an opportunity for reflection and gaining emotional clarity on a situation.
FULL MOON IN LEO
The Full Moon will occur at 20 degrees of Leo, a fire and fixed sign ruled by the Sun. This Full Moon will be harmoniously aspecting Mars, fueling us with excitement and with the drive to take bold action and make change happen, but also calling for us to open our hearts to love and our passions by freeing our inner wildness. The night of this Snow Moon, Venus will be conjunct Lilith and Chiron in Aries. This will illuminate where the feminine has been repressed, oppressed, wounded or enraged, and it happening during this lunar event indicates that she will finally come out of the cage in our psyche. Thus, this Full Moon may remove any blockages that are inhibiting ourselves and preventing our full heart’s expression.
VENUS CONJUNCT CHIRON AND BLACK MOON LILITH
During the New Moon in Aquarius of this season, Chiron and true Black Moon Lilith were conjunct in the sign of Aries and were harmoniously aspected by the two luminaries. This initiated a new cycle of healing of the wounds of the raging feminine, calling to break free of its oppression and repression. Now, in this Full Moon that will compel us to fully express ourselves and follow our heart’s desires, Venus will be conjunct Chiron and Mean Black Moon Lilith.
Venus represents the divine feminine, it’s the planet of desire and love. Merged with Lilith, the archetype that represents the dark feminine, indicates that Venus first has to go underground and face her shadow and her void in order to find the reasons of her hiding, her inhibition and repression. Chiron, the Wounded Healer, being a part of this highlights that those reasons are the wounds that haven’t healed, having to do with an insecurity that prevents her to express herself fully, speak her truth, go towards what she wants and reclaim her needs. Thus, the Full Moon in Leo will shed light to our darkness and bring out all of the repressed so that we can finally express ourselves wholeheartedly through the healing and empowerment of the feminine within.
FULL MOON TRINE MARS
The Full Moon will be trining Mars in Sagittarius, this aspect is highly positive as it brings energy and action to this lunar event, fueling us with enthusiasm to move forward confidently and take bold action. The conjunction between Venus, Lilith and Chiron in Aries may invoke our inner warrior, but the ruling planet of this sign being harmoniously aspected indicates that feelings like anger, rage and tension may be channeled positively to take conscious action towards resolving conflict instead of creating more chaos.
In addition, it’s what will help us let all of the repressed out and liberate ourselves from negative emotions. This Full Moon will then help us transmute those feelings into the fire and motivation to change a situation in our lives.
FULL MOON CONJUNCT THE LAST VENUS STAR POINT
On August 14th of 2019, Venus made a superior conjunction with the Sun in the sign of Leo, in which Venus made her shift from Morning to Evening Star. The mathematical degree where it happens is called the Venus Star Point and it occurred at 21 degrees of Leo. This means that this Full Moon will transit this point that fell somewhere in our chart, manifesting the desires we had or showing us the results of the intentions we set at that time.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
This Full Moon is a call for you to release your inner wild, open your heart to love, follow your passion and begin shining your true authentic self. The Moon in Leo in its first degrees making a conjunction to Venus, Lilith and Chiron highlights that it will first be illuminating our overshadowed wounds, making us conscious of them to finally break free of their underlying influence and our repression. It’s an excellent time to dedicate this lunar event to show of your talents, your creativity and connect with your inner child by just having fun without the saturnian guilt.
Lastly, this lunar event culminates a cycle of six months that began with the New Moon in Leo of July 2019. What intentions did you make? What did you want to manifest? This Full Moon is the time to harvest those seeds you planted and celebrate or evaluate why they didn’t bloom. In addition, it also brings a climax to a situation that began during that time having to do with the house it transited in your chart and the Venus Star Point in Leo.
WHERE THE FULL MOON IN LEO WILL BE TRANSITING IN YOUR CHART
Where the Full Moon will transit in your chart indicates the area of life where you’re meeting a climax of what began during the New Moon in Leo of 2019. It also brings an illumination or a manifestation in that area. This area is also where you are being called to give your attention to during this lunar event.
- Leo: In the first house, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Virgo: In the twelfth house, the area of the unconscious, dreams, loss and karma.
- Libra: In the eleventh house, the area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Scorpio: In the tenth house, the area of career, public image and reputation.
- Sagittarius: In the ninth house, the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Capricorn: In the eighth house, the area investments, inheritance and debts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, the shadow side and sex; the merge of resources/energy with a partner.
- Aquarius: In the seventh house, the area of relationships, weddings, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Pisces: In the sixth house, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Aries: In the fifth house, the area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Taurus: In the fourth house. The area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Gemini: In the third house, the area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Cancer: In the second house, the area of finances, possessions and your value system.