- New Moon: 5° Libra 20´
- Time: September 28th 2:26 PM EDT / 11:26 AM PST
- Element: Air
- Modality: Cardinal
- Ruler: Venus
- Themes: New emotional cycle of sixth months, relationships, healing wounds from the ego, self love, breaking free from restrictions, setting boundaries.
ABOUT NEW MOONS
New Moons mark the end and the beginning of the 29.5 day lunar cycle. Every month it happens in the same zodiac sign and degree as the Sun. Thus, it occurs when both luminaries make an exact conjunction that results with the Moon being overshadowed. Symbolically, this merges our external identity/presence (Sun), with our inner world and emotional nature (Moon). This is when the waning dark moon has reached completion and it’s in its darkest phase, making us go deep within. Therefore, it’s still a moment of stillness, recharging and for retreating. However, as it also represents the aperture in the ground to plant seeds, it’s perfect to set intentions that you want to manifest in sixth months.
NEW MOON IN LIBRA
The New Moon will occur at 5 degrees of tropical Libra, a cardinal and air sign ruled by Venus. The two luminaries will be opposing Chiron during their exact conjunction and Venus will be creating tension with Saturn, Pluto and the nodes of destiny. Hence, this new emotional cycle will be creating changes regarding relationships, as it will begin by removing where there have been barriers, restrictions, disharmony and tension. However, the New Moon’s opposition with the wounded healer indicates that there will ultimately bring healing, as where we have been wounded in our relationships and our self esteem will begin to emerge into consciousness. This lunar event then begins this internal process in which the external changes may be met in six months with the Full Moon in Libra of 2020.
THE AUTUMN/SPRING EQUINOX
Every time the Sun enters a cardinal sign of the tropical zodiac, we have a change of seasons. When it ingresses to Libra, Autumn Equinox begins in the Northern hemisphere and Spring in the Southern hemisphere. Those in the northern begin to feel the decaying phase of the solar cycle, in which goddess Persephone begins her descent to the underworld—metaphorically representing her descent to the unconscious. Fruits are harvested, thus it represents a time of culmination and results. However, the falling leaves mirror the letting go process of what has been withered and no longer serves. As the length of the day and night will stand equal in duration, we meet the perfect balance between light and darkness, cosmically and in our psyche.
Those in the Southern, however, marks a time of new beginnings and of planting seeds, as Persephone returns from the underworld and reunites with her mother Demeter. Although both hemispheres of the world are opposite, they do share the balance between light and dark when the Sun entered the sign of the scales, Libra.
This is the seventh sign of the zodiac and it’s the one that opposes the sign of “Me”, Aries, ruler of the first house of self. For instance, Libra is the sign of the other, as it’s the ruler of the area of relationships, the seventh house. In addition, it’s ruled by the goddess of love, thus, it’s a highly venusian sign that focuses on its desire for partnerships, harmony and balance. Although this could make it an ideal time for romance and forming new relationships, we’re again during a cardinal sign season. Hence, all of the planets in Libra (The Sun, Moon, Mercury and Venus), will be squaring death planet Pluto, restricting Saturn and the karmic nodes. This makes it more a time for liberation, breaking chains in relationships, cutting energetic cords and setting boundaries so that your relationships improve.
NEW MOON OPPOSITE CHIRON
During the moment of the exact conjunction between the two luminaries, they will be almost exactly opposing Chiron. This asteroid is known as the wounded healer, that talks about where we have been wounded which is exactly in what we could heal others. In Aries, it’s about the self and the ego. The planets in Libra opposing it signifies, that it’s about wounds of the ego formed by relationships. These wounds can be projected through issues of codependency, jealousy, possessiveness, for example, all of which stem from a place of low self esteem or from past experiences. Thus, this lunar event invites you to revise your relationships and to look within to find what may be the cause of disharmony and heal from it so you can improve or form bonds with others.
VENUS SQUARE SATURN AND LUNAR NODES
Venus is the ruler of Libra and of this New Moon and it will be closely squaring Pluto, Saturn and the karmic nodes during this lunar event. Its tense aspect with Saturn implies the need to break free from chains and from unhealthy restrictions, but also the need to set new boundaries and see what desires are not being satiated or you have not been committed to follow. Saturn will be conjunct the South Node, thus, this has to do with things that may have occurred during eclipse season that has to do with purging and letting go of structures that are no longer working.
This process is not easy, however, it generates change that is needed and brings a transformation, and this is what Venus square with Pluto is about. Whatever we are letting go of, it’s taking us deep into the underworld so we have a death and rebirth. This rebirth comes with a process of deconstructing and rebuilding of structures that are balanced and in harmony with what we truly desire in a relationship.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
This New Moon opens an emotional cycle of sixth months that calls for improving your relationship with yourself and others. The key for this is to see where you haven’t healed, feel restricted in your expression of love or limited in your relationship. However, also to begin letting go of resentment and breaking free from anything that may have been chaining your expression of unconditional love, as Venus will also square the North Node in Cancer. It’s a time for healing, forgiveness, setting boundaries and inviting self love, as no relationship can be healthy if the one with yourself is not. However, this all affects us differently and the way to see how it may affect you is by seeing where this New Moon transits in your chart.
WHERE THE FULL MOON WILL BE TRANSITING BASED ON YOUR RISING SIGN
Where the New Moon will be transiting indicates the area of life influence and where there is a new emotional cycle that will have its climax with the Full Moon in Libra of April 2020
- Aries: In the seventh house, the area of relationships, marriage, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Taurus: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of work, health, routines, and habits.
- Gemini: In the fifth house. The area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Cancer: In the fourth house. The area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Leo: In the third house. The area of communication, your mind, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Virgo: In the second house. The area of finances, possessions, self esteem and your value system.
- Libra: In the first house. Hence, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Scorpio: In the twelfth house. The area of the unconscious, dreams, karma, confinement, working ‘under the radar’.
- Sagittarius: In the eleventh house. The area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Capricorn: In the tenth house. The area of career, public image and reputation.
- Aquarius: In the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Pisces: In the area investments, inheritance and debts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, the shadow side and sexuality.
FOCUSING YOUR LUNAR WORK
- What are my intentions for this new emotional cycle?
- What results would I like to see in about six months with the Full Moon in Libra?
- How can I invite more harmony in my relationships?
- What wounds do I need to heal so my relationship with myself and others improve?
- What boundaries do I need to set?
- Where have I been restricted to expressing what I truly desire in my relationships?