Intention: To begin growing familiar with Hecate’s presence and establishing a way to communicate and learn from Her through image (conscious mind) and symbol (subconscious mind) evocation.
I recommend that you try this ritual with the sigil and then try it with the Strophalos (Hecate’s Wheel) – Both of these are available in the Calling Hecate Box or you can create your own sigil and download an image of Hecate’s Wheel from the internet.
- 3 Candles Hecate Statue
- Hecate’s Wheel
- A sigil – the one included in the box
- Calling Hecate incense
- Altar items that symbolize or represent her for you, like the smoky quartz, herbs, other images, etc.
- Journal + Pen
- An offering for her – flowers, food such as bread or eggs
- Clear the space you will be practicing in.
- Set up the altar with Hecate at center, and place the sigil or the wheel in front of the statue so that it is easily seen by you. (Pick one to work with first so that later, you repeat this ritual with the other. This gives you a chance to experiment to see which one works stronger for you.)
- Cast the circle of protection around you.
- Light all three candles.
- Take time to establish a meditative state while gazing intently on the symbol you have chosen.
- Continue to gaze and begin quietly chanting, internally, “Hecate, Hecate, Hecate…”
- There is no time line to this. Keep going. If distractions arise, return your focus to the breath and the chant. Often it takes a while, but for some the shift happens quickly. You’ll know when She has arrived.
- Once this happens, you can ask questions, or just be with Her. A great place to start is to ask, “What would you have me know of you?”
- Stay here as long as you want. This is a ritual of exploration. You may ask as many questions as you want. You can also return to your breath, gaze and chant between questions.
- Once you feel complete, thank Her and close out with writing down in your journal all you experienced and learned.
- Open the circle.
School Of Holy Witchery
Come join us in learning about embodying a rich and meaningful life as a Holy Witch, where magic is a gorgeous part of the language and manifestation is an invitation to be a part of a more connected and celebratory expression of life.